Saturday, December 13, 2014

That doesn't sound good at all.

One of my dear friends just had her second baby!  She brought home a sweet little brother for her daughter.  Absolutely cannot wait to go visit and see Mason in all his sweet-smelling babiness!

Anyway, I volunteered to bring a meal to her on Monday.  We all know that cooking isn't my greatest gift.  No, it's okay; we can all say it out loud.  I know.  Anyhow, I decided to go ahead and look up "meals to bring to new moms".  I mean, surely the internet knows more about these things than I do.  I had a few meals brought to us when we had babies, but not many.  To be honest, we made most of our local friends after we had kids.  So, when we received a bag full of casseroles and meals from our friend who owns McKinley's Bakery, I almost fainted in relief!  That girl is quite a gift in my life even if we don't see each other as much as we'd like.

Anyway, the point of this post is to mention how crazy the suggested meals are.  I mean, I have to tell you that the last thing I would have wanted delivered to my house postpartum was a vat of Lentil and Kale Soup or Moroccan Hand Pies with Eggplant and Apricots.  Seriously, people?  WTF?  Now there are some good things on there, but I ended up just opting for a recipe I already know and love from Emeril.  Check it out; this stuff is amazing: Chicken, Mushroom and Spinach Alfredo Lasagna.

What did you guys like when you had kids?  Anything in particular that I should drop off to please a nursing, sleep-deprived mother of two???

No comments: