Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Day (Week) of School 2014

I'm thrilled to announce that all three children are back in school full time and doing well...and I am thankful!  I really needed to get back to work!

They all think their teachers are wonderful and nice.  Evie and Luke both settled into their classes seamlessly, and I'm so glad!


As for George, well, he's made a bit of a splash.  You know he doesn't do anything half way!  His name was drawn at the Parent-Teacher meeting and he won a door prize given out by his Kindergarten teacher.  Ummm...seriously.  This really happened.  When did they start giving out door prizes?!?  What was the prize, you ask?  It is lunch with the teacher at the restaurant of his choice some weekend.  He quickly informed his teacher that his favorite restaurant is Macaroni Grill.  I hope she wasn't thinking that McDonald's was going to suffice.



He was a little reserved when he first got there, but he's been a bundle of energy ever since.


Evie is super excited because third graders get binders.  I'm not sure why this is exciting, but it is!




And to further seal his notoriety with his teacher, he announced to her on Wednesday that the little girl that sits on the carpet square next to him is in love with him.  I'm not kidding.  She informed me when I picked him up.  Of course, I asked for more information.  He was very proud of himself.

Me, "What is her name?"

George replied, "July."

I nodded my head because I remember that name being on the roster.  "Where did she kiss you?"

He scrunched up his nose and thought about it before responding, "I can't remember."

I looked at him like he was crazy.  "A little girl kissed you and you can't remember where she kissed you?"

"Nope.  But I'm not going to marry her!"

I chuckled, "Yeah, I think you might want to wait a little while for that."

He thought some more, "I'm not going to marry her until fifth grade!"

Me, "Good plan, kid..."

I guess that's all I'm going to get out of him about that.

Later he proudly told Chuck about it and added a new detail to it when he said "July is in love with me!"  He continued, "And even after I accidentally pushed her down on the concrete, she still loves me!"

I cringed, "Oh, my.  This isn't sounding very healthy so far..."

The conversation continued, and I recorded parts of it, but it keeps shutting down my computer so I can't include it.

When Chuck heard the name "July" his eyes widened.  Apparently, he had met July at the Kindergarten popsicle party, so he nodded his approval at George.  She must be cute.  You know I can't wait to meet her!!!

And I can't wait to see what this week will bring!

No comments: