Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Evie - that girl!

My sweet Evie-girl turned NINE years old on Sunday!  Can anyone believe it?

Look at her here --




And now she's NINE!

I have to tell you, she is more than I could have ever expected.  She's so full of personality and wit. This girl is constantly amazing us. Truly.  I think there for a while, we were underestimating her, but I don't anymore.  She's the alpha dog with her brothers and remembers the most bizzare details about life - especially when it benefits her!

She has a best friend named Lira. They are two peas in a pod and inseparable.  If we allowed it, they would live together at one house or the other.  I'm pretty sure if I offered, Evie would pack her bags and move in with Lira and her family. It probably helps that Lira is an only child and her parents are awesome!

This weekend, Evie asked to go to Joe T Garcia's for her birthday, so we invited her BFF and family to join us.  The mariachi band sang her happy birthday while she pouted about the unwanted attention.  We didn't care.

 
All she really wants for her birthday is to hang out with Lira and get presents.  She doesn't much care about the Frozen-themed cake we ordered or the roller skates.  This actually sounds pretty normal to me, but tell me if it isn't.

Oh, and George photobombed them.  Of course, if I had asked him to take this picture, he would have acted all shy and refused.  It is his way.


And just to make sure all the kids get equal time, I ran across this picture of Luke the other day and I love it.  Plus, I just have to brag about how sweet and polite he is to strangers.  Of course, he's not like that with me, but he's AMAZING with other parents and people he meets.  I observed it yesterday and I'm totally impressed.



Speaking of my crazy, wonderful, girl, I found Evie's letter to Santa Claus already written and ready to go to the North Pole!  Apparently, she and Lira have already been discussing the holiday and what they want for Christmas.  Unfortunately, I don't think Santa can bring her what she wants, but I have to hand it to her for creativity, honesty, and a full explanation. (Translation provided below with all misspellings in order to capture the full glory and fabulousness of this letter!)

  

Evie's
Chirismas
Plan
What I
Want for
Chirismas
 

 
I want a babby puppy and
kitten that does what I say. 
They can poop enything I want.
They won't be a robbot they will be
real. The kitten will have the
softest fur and lies kids.
They won't be fat. The puppy will
have ears that hange down and are
wavey, has fluffy fur, and likes
kids.  They can do tricks and they
are best friends.  They are small
and nice. They are mine and I
take care of them. They will
not run away and I can
bring them to school and in
my classroom every day.
They are super cute. They
love me to pick them up and
they love to sleep in my
lap and with me. They don't
bite or scratch.  They were
just born on Chirismas eve.
They love me the most of all.
 
that is what I want
for Chirismas.  Please Santa.
Can you also make it snow
alot? I want to see a snowflake.
 
I'm sary I'm not neet
 
[TURN PAGE OVER]



I'm sary for hurting
Luke, but I'm uste to it.
 
I want to bild a snowman
 
Love, Evie Lastname

This letter has made my month!  I LOVE it!  I have to admit I have some concerns about her spelling, especially since she makes straight As in school.  It's strange that she can't spell, but I'm going to ignore that and embrace the true genius of this letter.  It is so Evie!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I met one of your fellow fans while in Texas (even in San Antonio A&M fans were kind of all over the place, granted she works there too). She almost seemed offended when I asked if she's a football fan. I guess I had accidentally asked her if she likes to breathe. :)

Angie said...

I met one of your fellow fans while in Texas (even in San Antonio A&M fans were kind of all over the place, granted she works there too). She almost seemed offended when I asked if she's a football fan. I guess I had accidentally asked her if she likes to breathe. :)