Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What are you afraid of?

Last week I had picked up George from school and was headed to the other school to pick up Luke and Evie when George asked me, "Hey, Mom?"


"Yes?"

"What animal are you scared of?"

I paused to think before answering, "Bears."

"No.  Not any animal that is in the zoo."

I sighed, "Okay.  Hmmm.  Probably snakes."

He was quiet, so I asked, "What kind of animal are you afraid of?"

Without pausing he answered matter of factly, "Leprechauns and dinosaurs."

I tried not to laugh but it came out as a snort anyway.  I LOVE this answer.  Just love it!  I asked him, "Have you ever seen a leprechaun or a dinosaur?"

"No."

"Then, I guess you don't have much to worry about."

He just nodded his head.

For days I have been thinking in my head, "leprechauns and dinosaurs" and I chuckle to myself.  I don't know why it tickles me so much, but it does.  What are you afraid of?

2 comments:

Charles said...

What if he's really afraid of leaprechaun dinasours? Small mischevious irish lizards guarding pots of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Birdie Pearl said...

You need to write a book on "Georgisms" - priceless!